Sunday, June 6, 2010

Our weekend at the cabin was cut short because the baby appears to have seasonal allergies and was up most of Friday night with a stuffy nose and watery eyes. We stayed until after dinner Saturday and then drove home - she's still recovering, but at least we all got some sleep last night. Apart from all her suffering (the kid was NOT stoic at all) it was a really nice weekend. On Saturday morning, after I got some sleep, we decided to head into town to wander around and do some shopping. I had been taking pictures since the minute I got there, but decided against bringing it into town. I've been there a thousand times; there's not much to see.

Or so I thought. The first thing we happened upon when we got there was a soap box derby! We stayed and watched for a while, and I snapped a few shots with my crappy point-and-shoot pocket camera and truly regretted my brand new 55-200mm lens sitting back at the cabin. After that, we went to the main strip to do some shopping, but had to park a couple blocks away because they were having a "Fabulous 50's" fair! It was still early and things were just getting underway and me with no camera. It was so disappointing.

Coming home Saturday night worked out well. It was almost like having a long weekend, and we got a lot done that we otherwise would not have, namely a little more work on the mini bathroom reno and a small amount of yard work. The baby is still stuffy but certainly improved.

My cell phone contract expired last month and I'm trying to decide if I should upgrade or just stick with what I have. My LG Dare is only a year and a half old and still works perfectly (in fact, I only have to charge the battery once a week) but I kind of want an iPhone. It would cost me a little more on a monthly basis but it'd replace my piece of crap iPod. I'm not sure. I think I'll walk over to the mall tomorrow and ask some questions and then I'll decide. With something like this, I may as well just do it, otherwise I'm going to sit around contemplating it forever. It's dumb because there's nothing at all wrong with what I have now. But who doesn't like new stuff? I will probably sell the Dare once I get a new phone, and it looks like I might be able to get over $100 for it (I only got $42 for my Chocolate when I sold it) which will cover half the cost of he 16G iPhone (on a three year contract of course) and that's definitely cheaper than buying a new iPod...OMG I'll decide tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment