Sunday, June 27, 2010

I have to remind myself that it's ok to take artistic license. I have to get that voice out of my head (my college photography instructor's voice) that says "that's overexposed! you messed with the colors! why all the contrast! enough with the sepia!" and just do my own thing. I think, maybe, some might say it's ok if not every picture looks like it was shot in your elementary school gym, with that ridiculous neon laser backdrop, in 1993. That's what I'm remembering now about that class - the instructor was SO moderate on everything photographic, and he wanted everything to look, I hate to say it, bland.
He'd have failed me for this shot. And I think it's not half bad! Photography isn't really about reality, is it? Otherwise, why would anyone even hire a photographer. I have to stop worrying about my exposure and just get on with it.

No comments:

Post a Comment