Tuesday, June 8, 2010

I hate wearing socks to bed. I have to fight off instinct not to take them off when I crawl in. Here's the problem: when I get up in the middle of the night with my little one and put her back to sleep, it then follows that I have to go back to my own room, and if I'm not wearing socks, the sound of my feet peeling off the floor will wake her up, and we'll have to start again. It never used to be hard to put her back to sleep; it took only seconds. Lately it's been a little more difficult, though she's sleeping through more often than not. I've found that she will almost always sleep straight through the night if I wear my socks to bed right from the get-go.

She's begun nodding. She'd been shaking her head "no" for three or four weeks now, and we were trying to get her out of the habit, and then last night she came up to Layton and I on the couch and began nodding with a big, self-satisfied smile on her face. It's too cute.

My cold is all but gone, which is nice and quite amazing. I was so out of it yesterday that I apparently put the grapes in the freezer. Layton discovered this and made fun of me for it, but then left them in there so, really, who's the idiot?

No comments:

Post a Comment