Friday, May 28, 2010

So back in February someone was moving into a house somewhere in the little "city" I live in, but, when signing up for electricity service, instead of giving their own address, they gave mine, or the agent taking the order entered the address wrong or something. At any rate, after I received my second bill that had only gas and no electricity, I called Enmax and asked. They informed me that the service had been taken over by another company and couldn't give me any information on who owned the service, but were happy to move me back to them. The next day, I got not one but SEVERAL calls from Epcor over the issue (the agent didn't seem to fully comprehend that I did not cause this mistake; I think I wrote about the issue a while back) but after some confusing discussion, she finally got down to the issue: I owed them money. I did not dispute this, of course, because I know electricity isn't free. At the time this was SUCH a big deal and it seemed that Epcor was going to a lot of effort to enforce this bill on me. Well, I got the bill in the mail today. $10.37. I laughed when I opened it. I'll be sure to hurry to get them that money.

No comments:

Post a Comment