Saturday, May 22, 2010

I have one cousin who has just come back from his third tour of duty in Afghanistan, and another who is at training in Gagetown. My family has a strong military background on both sides, and I'm very, very proud of my cousins. However, it's not a life I'd ever choose for myself. I could never put my country ahead of my family. I couldn't imagine sitting at home while my husband brandishes a gun in a far away country. Why do people love power and hate one another?

My daughter has been blowing kisses almost constantly for the past two days. Yesterday she mooed for the first, second and third times. She loves freely, openly. I'm frustrated daily by the world we live in and my inability to keep her safe from everything, forever. It's crippling, the uncertainty.

No comments:

Post a Comment