Thursday, May 6, 2010

I talked to a customer service agent for Enmax yesterday who had a definite Indian (as in, from India) accent. I was calling because I haven't been billed for my electricity in two months, and through the call it was discovered that another company requested my service from Enmax, probably in error since I didn't request it and haven't been getting bills, so obviously I wasn't angry. On top of that, I've worked in a call centre for the past seven years (fortunately I haven't taken customer calls in years) and I am very familiar with how it feels to be on the receiving end of the call. So, I'm a very, very pleasant customer to deal with. Despite all this, the poor girl, who told me her name was Sarah, was extremely apologetic. It seemed like she was trying to head off an angry outburst from me. I felt so bad for her. I'll bet she gets yelled at a lot. I've found that customers of my company (the company I work for, not My Company) are sometimes plainly abusive to our overseas reps. And Canadians are supposed to be so...

Tomorrow's stacking up to be a great day! Hatha in the morning, because my mom's coming a bit early to watch the kid, and then swimming with my (future) SIL. And then a nap in the afternoon? Very likely. It's coming down to the last few weeks of my mat leave and I'm starting to truly cherish every minute (and desperately search for a job that won't leave me working weekends and evenings and nearly never seeing my daughter) and I wish the weather would cooperate more with that initiative. My cousin has a lovely house in St Albert near all sorts of beautiful walking trails that we were supposed to go enjoy on Tuesday. But this is Canada, so it snowed on our plans. Swimming is an indoor event, so the weather doesn't much effect it, but it'd still be nice to just pull the baby's little cover-up dress on her on the way to the pool. But nothing ever seems to be on my side (ok, yes, usually everything seems to be on my side; I'm being dramatic) so instead I have to chase her around the livingroom to shove her into a bathing suit (she's so fat, and fast, and resistant) and then do it all over again to get her into an outfit. Then the four of us hop into the van (lol, not my van) and drive five minutes and we're there. It could be so much easier.

No comments:

Post a Comment