Friday, April 30, 2010

Tomorrow will mark the end of my third week of six hours per week of yoga. I'd seen a lot of bodily improvements in the three months prior to that that I'd been taking weekly yoga classes (to the tune of 11 lbs) but I started feeling like I wanted more. I'm addicted. I'm in the best shape of my life (7 lb below my pre-pregnancy weight!) and I've never felt better. But it's not just the weight loss or the increased strength or the incredible difference in my flexibility. I'm so much more relaxed. I have so much more patience. I'm far, far happier. Than I've ever been in my life.

I love Fridays. My mom watches the baby while I do my shopping and running around, and sometimes I even get a chance to have lunch with my (future) SIL, and then I head over to Second Cup to have a latte and immerse myself in whatever I happen to be reading at the time. Then I come home to spend a few hours just enjoying my daughter before her dad comes home. Then we usually spend a couple of hours visiting with his family, either at our place or his parents' house. Then I have a 7pm Hatha class with one of my favorite yoga teachers. Then I come home and soak in the tub for a bit before a fantastic sleep (yoga is great for sleep quailty). Then I have another Hatha class to look forward to on Saturday morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment