Monday, April 5, 2010

Ok, I broke my own rule and didn't blog for a couple of days. I could come up with excuses, but there's really no point. Rules get broken all the time. I'm not saying rules are meant to be broken, oh no. It's just that they do.

Finally spring has sprung and my birthday is threatening right around the corner. Many years we're still under a foot of snow for my birthday, so I'm pleased that it's all melted for this year, of course. One year Ashley and I went to the cabin to celebrate. It wasn't an overly warm year and we spent most of it bundled tightly up in the porch. Last year I had my first 3D ultrasound on my birthday. The year before, Layton threw me a surprise birthday party. Yes, they've mostly been very good, and I'm not really apprehensive about getting older, so I shouldn't act like I'm unhappy about my birthday coming up. That's not what I'm dreading.

Two and a half months are left of my mat leave. I've accepted that. There's no way around it and no point in stressing over it; there's no way to make the year last forever, no matter if you waste your time or make it precious. I've spent nearly every minute with my daughter, so I'm sure I'm not mistaken when I say it's been many precious weeks. I've also gotten myself into fairly great shape through a combination of healthy eating and yoga. I've made a few unexpected friends. I've learned a thousand things I'd never even thought of before. I've read the entire Harry Potter book series. It's been some really great months so far, and I've faith that it's only going to get better.

No comments:

Post a Comment