Wednesday, April 7, 2010

I finished the Harry Potter series last week, after tearing through it at a lightning pace, and then finished Shutter Island yesterday, for book club, and now I'm reading The Fountainhead, which I got almost halfway through a couple of years back, but abandoned for whatever reason. However, I'm just not as gung-ho about reading it as I was the Potter books. When I was reading them, I'd dive right into my book the moment the baby went down for a nap. I devoured them. It's been less than a week since the last one was over and I'm still mourning the series a bit. So I'm not reading so prolifically right now and it feels a bit strange. Baby girl has been sleeping more than an hour (thankfully - she's miserable lately) and I've just been putzing around on facebook, playing Farmville and whathaveyou. Strange.

Bailey and I took our girls swimming today. It was great - the facility we went to has a wading pool, so the girls got to just hang out at their own level, though neither of them walks yet so they couldn't really go anywhere. They seemed to enjoy it a lot. I know we did. I have a great picture of the two of them in the playpen in the changeroom with their suits on, all ready to go.

Bailey and I got to talking about going back to work, which she's done already and I will be shortly, and I was complaining about all the horrible shiftwork I'll be doing and wishing I had some way of bringing in money from home. She thinks I should start hiring myself out as a photographer. I'd love to, but the thought makes me a bit nervous. Of course, it's easier now with digital photography than it ever was with film because you can take a million pictures and not worry about it, but I am still not really confident that I'm good enough to do it. I don't want to screw up people's memories. I've seen a lot of "professional" photography websites that don't exactly produce even acceptable pictures, but on the other hand I have some good friends who take incredible photos. I think I just need more practice.

So, I want to try doing it for nothing. If anyone out there wants maybe some family photos taken, or portraits or whatever (and this would all have to be outside since I have no studio) please comment or email me medusa@telus.net and I'd love to do it for you, just for practice. I will take the photos and edit them as need be and give them to you on a disc or memory card and you may print them as you like. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment