Tuesday, April 27, 2010

On Saturday, on a whim, we decided to take the baby to the Muttart Conservatory. Layton had never been, and I hadn't been since grade eight, and I love taking pictures of flowers (I'm a dork, I don't care) so we just packed up and went. It was a lovely way to spend the afternoon. We ended up going through one or two of the pavillions twice. There was an african violet event going on there, and I considered buying one, but I'm really running very low on room for plant life in my house. After we were done there, we decided to head over to the Royal Alberta Museum. Layton hadn't been there either. A police officer followed us most of the way there, which was irritating since we were driving below or around the speed limit and had an infant with us, but that's how it goes I guess. He left us alone when we parked. The museum seems like it's gotten a lot smaller, as everything from childhood does. Nonetheless, it was a lot of fun. We bought the baby a fridge magnet from the gift shop as a souvenier. I took a tonne of pictures. It was a lot of fun. We're going to try to do things like that more often; with me at yoga several hours per week and him at Muay Thai, it's so tempting to spend our time together on the couch. On the other hand, we're both getting in such good shape that it's hard to sit around and do nothing. We walked to his parents place the previous weekend. It's not far, but we took the dog and the stroller and it didn't occur to him that the stroller's not meant for off-roading (don't buy the Graco travel systems, they're awfully cumbersome and way too expensive for what they are) and I don't know my way so well, not being from here, and he led me through the most ridiculous path along the school's football field. On top of that, I forgot that it was summer and didn't wear sunscreen and ended up with a nasty burn just around my collar. That's always humiliating.

Ok well the baby's throwing a fit (the terrible twos have started REALLY early in this one) so I should go attend to her.

No comments:

Post a Comment