Saturday, April 24, 2010

I've begun taking 4-5 yoga classes per week. I was taking only a Wednesday class for a few months, but started to feel like I needed more. I'm glad I did. On top of all the physical improvements I've seen, I love the peace of mind yoga brings. I'm happier than I've been in years. Life is great right now.

I came home to a vase of antique white roses on Thursday. What a nice surprise. In wish I could have flowers all the time, but instead I mostly settle for houseplants. I now have two pots of ivy, two bamboo plants, a "money tree", a strange lilly from Ikea, a little plant that once had orange blooms, an african violet, and three orchids, two of which bloom continuously and one that I can't get to bloom at all. On top of that, I've been caring for two of my sister's houseplants while she's staying here.

I can only hope that my outdoor plants will fare as well as the indoor ones. I didn't have much time for my garden last summer, though all but one of my shrubs survived the winter, but this year I hope to have a lush front garden. Our house is south-facing so it shouldn't be hard. I've been buying plants for the front garden as I see them, and I've planted two that wer given to me as gifts. They're kind of random right now, but hopefully they'll fill in.

I've really developed a taste for hot baths lately too. Nothing compares to sinking into the hot, bubbly water with a good book. Life is really amazing lately.

No comments:

Post a Comment