Tuesday, March 23, 2010

I can't stand redundancy. Every time that commercial for Vick's Custom Care comes on TV, I cringe. You might know it. The tagline is "treat only the cold symptoms you have, and none that you don't". Brilliant...

I love the teen moms on MTV's 16 and Pregnant because they feed their babies formula, and they warm it up in the microwave. I do those things too.

Sitting around at home for the past nine months and doing virtually nothing has made me more domestic than I ever thought I'd be. The number of things I know about common mistakes people make while doing the laundry makes me laugh. Who cares??? Apparently I do. And I've become somewhat obsessive with little ways I can be eco-friendly. Nearly all the detergents and cleaning products in my house are coconut based.

I strive not to be one of those moms who talks about nothing but her baby all day, and I don't want to be a know-it-all mom. If this experience has taught me anything, it's that there are a whole plethora of things that I don't know about babies, and that having one little baby doesn't make me an expert on the subject, especially since every baby is so different. Pregnancy really had a common-experience feel to it, but parenthood doesn't.

I ordered new flatware the other day and I'm falling off my seat with excitement waiting for it to come. It makes me feel old, and like perhaps I should be ashamed of my glee over this. But I'm not embarassed! Who wouldn't want new flatware? Who doesn't love getting things in the mail? My latest amazon.ca order came today and I nearly jumped for joy, even though I'm already in the middle of a book and won't get to any of the new ones for a while. I've found myself reading a lot of young adult literature lately. I don't get why it's called that; teenagers are not young adults. They're a whole different variety of human being. There's a high school a block from my house and at two teens live next door. They're all so lanky looking these days. And so young! I used to see them walking, in the summer, to the 7-11 and half of them look like baby prostitutes. My mother'd have killed me if I left the house dressed like that. I think.

No comments:

Post a Comment