Saturday, January 8, 2011


I'm continuously surprised by how maternal my daughter is. Growing up, I was never interested in babies. Yes, I babysat, but only because of the lure of money. I never played with dolls; I couldn't figure out what you were supposed to do with a Barbie. But Seville is maternal. She got five (!) dolls for Christmas, and she showers every single one with love. This morning she's paying special attention to Melanie, a Cabbage Patch doll her aunt bought her. First thing, Melanie was stripped down and given a diaper change. Then, because Melanie has no pajamas, Seville removed her own pajamas and dressed Melanie with them. She then took her for a walk in her (Melanie's) stroller around the livingroom. Later Seville came to me and asked for a bottle. As she's been off the bottle for a long, long time now, I asked "for you, or for baby?" Her eyes lit up with glee as she told me "for baby!" I got an old bottle out of the drawer and assembled it and handed it to her. She came back five minutes later asking for milk for baby.

At this moment, she's taking Melanie in a drive in her Kozy Koupe. Unfortunately, Seville can only drive backward, so it's becoming a frustrating cruise for her. GTG.

No comments:

Post a Comment