Thursday, November 11, 2010

Where have the days of blogging gone? Nowhere, actually. After four months of being busy with other things and waiting on this and that, I've actually been blogging for work this past week. Having a job description which includes blogging is a bit surreal - isn't that everyone's dream job - but I'm gotten so far from the world of writing everyday that I've found myself run into that big brick wall of writer's block once or twice. So I think I need to bone up and start blogging personally, despite having become somewhat more private than I used to be, and running the risk of my coworkers re-encountering this blog and using it's contents to make fun of me (ok, I might deserve it if they do). Anyway, here I am blogging.

It's a bit hard to believe that Seville's nearly 17 months old. The first year crawled by, especially compared the the past four months. She's not a baby any more - she's a little girl. That blows my mind. Maybe it really hit me when her cousin, my niece, Scarlett was born in October. In spite of the fact that she was a fair bit bigger than Seville was at birth, she still seems so tiny. Since Scarlett's (Seville calls her "Scar") birth, Seville's become obsessed with babies. She has a little stuffed baby, which she got for Easter and ignored until the past few weeks, that she carries around, and hugs and kisses. She feeds "Baby" a bottle and gives her a soother when she's sad, and puts her down to sleep in the tiny crib my parents bought for her. On one hand, she's such a girlie-girl. She plays with dolls, is obsessed with clothes and her hair. On the other hand, she's the family dare devil and is afraid of NOTHING (and even likes to scare her other cousin, given the opportunity). If you ask her whether she's a girl or a boy, she will tell you, unequivocably, that she is a BOY. No matter how I try to convince her otherwise.

I guess it's not unusual. Kids are lucky at that age - they don't have to impress anyone with gender stereotypes.

People ask me all the time how I "do it all" - work full time, run a successful side business and have a family. It's taken a long time to develop the balance that's made my insane life tolerable and enjoyable. I love all the things I do though, and have no plans of giving any of them up any time soon. I suppose it's not just balance - there's a lot of delegation involved. I'd totally fall apart if I didn't have an amazing fiance who does housework. My mom does my grocery shopping. I hired a wedding planner. I'm still strongly considering hiring a maid. I have someone who does my scrapbooking for me. Life has really come together.

Well, I should go take a bath. I have two book club meetings in 9 and 10 days respectively and I haven't started either book yet!

No comments:

Post a Comment