Thursday, November 18, 2010

I hate winter. There's nothing at all appealing about it, to me. I hear people say "I love snow but I hate cold" or "I love the way it looks" but those statements don't apply to me. I hate snow AND cold. I hate the way it looks. My car was (and still is) covered in about 3 inches of snow this morning. I have a garage, so this shouldn't be a problem, but the logistics of it still have not worked themselves out, so I'm left brushing snow off every morning. Everyone's told me the roads are treacherous. Great. I'm going to work from home a couple of hours and go in after traffic has died down a bit. On the other hand, I have a photographic client who, as of last night, was still considering doing an outdoor photo shoot today after work. I really hope she changes her mind.

I had a very intense yoga class last night. I'm very much counting on yoga to get my ass back into shape - I'm about 6lb above my comfortable weight (yep, I've lost 4lb!) - but getting back into the routine of going 3 or 4 times a week has proven a challenge. I skipped my Monday evening class. My excuse was that my brother in law had just gotten out of the hospital, and we were visiting him, but the fact of the matter is that we finished with that in plenty of time, but by that time I had it in my mind that I'd stay home. I went to last night's class (Wednesday evening classes are the hardest, so I take some credit for that) and I will absolutely go to my Friday morning class. Then I have to drag myself to my Friday evening class. The problem is that I stopped going so frequently in the summer, and then when I was going strong with it in September, I was rudely interrupted by a car accident. No, I didn't have to miss 5 weeks (2 would have been more than sufficient) but that really hurts the cycle.

Seville's started saying "love you". I think she's on a growth spurt as well. She went from eating essentially nothing over the course of a day to stuffing her face. She had a bowl of corn flakes and an entire banana before I'd even had breakfast. I love that she's so self-sufficient now. I love that she sleeps straight through the night. I do not, however, love that she's just decided she doesn't like baths any more. It's only happened in the past week. I run her a bath and Layton strips her down and she waddles into the bathroom and I say "hop in", same as always. Usually she makes a very serious attempt to get her knee over the side of the tub (she's very short) before I have to plop her in. Lately, I say "hop in" and she either just tells me "no" or dilly-dallies around. The other day, she looked around and said "potty", then headed for it. Aside from some amazing triumphs in the first week we had it, she has shown nearly no interest in the potty, so I figured she was just trying to distract me. Nonetheless, I lifted the lid for her, and directed her little butt as she tried to sit down (her aim is off) and got her a magazine. As expected, she only sat there for a minute, but didn't do anything. Then she stood up and grabbed a bath book - a plastic, inflated book that won't be ruined by the bath, of course. I thought maybe she was going to head for the tub, but instead she laid the book open on the floor, and started stomping on one of the pages! Then she carefully flipped to the next page and started stomping on it. It was pretty hysterical, so I turned around to tell Layton what she was doing, and by the time I turned back to her, she'd peed on the floor.

Ok, back to worrying about driving in this terrible mess.

No comments:

Post a Comment